Family Nurse Practitioner Residency
“The SRCH residency program has provided me with invaluable learning, support, and opportunities that are incredibly formative as I step into the FNP role. The program structure is a perfect balance of autonomy and supervision, that fosters a safe learning and clinical environment. I am so grateful to be here and am soaking up every minute.”
-Jordyn Smith, FNP
We’re the first accredited FNP Residency in the nation!
Santa Rosa Community Health’s Nurse Practitioner Residency Program is accredited as a Practice Transition Program by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. ANCC’s internationally renowned credentialing programs recognize health care organizations that promote nursing excellence and quality resident outcomes while providing safe, positive work environments.
- Nurse Practitioners who have completed an accredited Family Nurse Practitioner program in the last 18 months qualify to apply.
- Candidates must be eligible and receive NP certification by the California Board of Registered Nursing within 2 months of enrollment. FNP graduates with experience and skills in cultural competency are particularly welcome. Basic Spanish comprehension is required.
“The residency really helped my clinical skills advance. The evaluation and treatment skills I learned in school all came together during residency with didactics, internal medicine clinic, clinical shifts, and specialty clinics. SRCH is a great teaching clinic with a supportive environment for new clinicians and medical and nurse practitioner residents.”
– Nisha Patel, FNP
Applications for Fall 2023 cohort are now open! Positions will close once they are filled. For best chances, apply early.
Please apply using one of the links below, you will be considered for both campuses and placement will be determined by hiring team.
Upcoming Information Sessions:
- Wednesday, March 8 from 11-11:30am | Click here to join the Zoom meeting
- Wednesday, March 15 from 9-9:30am | Click here to join the Zoom meeting
- Tuesday, March 21 from 9:30-10am | Click here to join the Zoom meeting
How to apply
We require an online application (links above), your resume/CV, two letters of recommendation (one peer and one professional), and a 500-word letter of intent.
If you have any questions regarding this process please contact Malina Cole firstname.lastname@example.org
About the NP Program
NP residents will work alongside other professional staff at our Lombardi and Dutton campus. This 12-month salaried program offers your clinical experience and didactic instructions in family practice, internal medicine, pediatrics, women’s health, medication-assisted treatment for opioid use disorder, procedure clinics, and many other specialties.
You will see patients with support from our knowledgeable and responsive faculty preceptors. During the program you will maintain a patient panel from our underserved community of all ages and backgrounds, performing visits for well-care, urgent care, and chronic disease management. You will participate in weekly case reviews to collaborate and get feedback on complex care.
We provide support and training on our electronic health record, practice efficiency, and a gradual progression of patients per shift. At the completion of this 12-month program, you will graduate with a foundation of skills and confidence in primary medical care for all ages. You will be part of our SRCH work community who are dedicated to your learning and success.
- Kameren Owens FNP, Program Director
- Kathleen Walsh FNP, Associate Program Director
- Ben Zumwalt FNP, Didactic Facilitator
- Alex Threlfall MD, Psychiatry Curriculum Director
- Marie Mulligan MD, Chief Medical Officer
- Steve Sheerin MD, Internal Medicine
- Lingjin Meng MD , Internal Medicine
- Christine Martin MD, Pediatrics
- Tara Budinger PsyD, Behavioral Health
Contact Kameren Owens, FNP, Program Director for SRCH’s Family Nurse Practitioner Residency, at email@example.com.