Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Residency
“The training I received from SRCH mentors helped me grow my clinical competence and confidence to meet the challenges of the PMHNP role. My training prepared me to handle complex psychiatric cases with a level of mastery, and I have the honor of seeing my expertise improving patients’ lives. The learning environment at SRCH was extremely supportive and warm, and during my training I always felt like a valued member of the team–even as a novice.”
– Reis Tucker-Meade, PMHNP
Join our New PMHNP Residency Program!
Santa Rosa Community Health has a strong foundation in training Nurse Practitioner Residents and is expanding its scope to include expert training in the provision of a broad range of psychiatric services within a community health setting. We aim to match the standards of our Family Nurse Practitioner Residency Program, which is accredited as a Practice Transition Program by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation – an internationally renowned credentialing program that recognizes healthcare organizations promoting nursing excellence and quality resident outcomes while providing safe, positive work environments.
- Nurse Practitioners who have completed an accredited PMHNP program in the last 18 months qualify to apply.
- Candidates must be eligible and receive NP certification by the California Board of Registered Nursing within 2 months of enrollment.
- PMHNP graduates with experience and skills in cultural competency are particularly welcome. Basic Spanish comprehension is valued.
Applications for Fall 2023 cohort are closed.
The application for our 2024 Cohort will open in applications open January 2024.
Upcoming Information Sessions:
- Wednesday, December 13 from 4:45-5:15pm PST | Click here to join the Zoom meeting
- Monday, December 18 from 2:15-2:45pm PST | Click here to join the Zoom meeting
- Wednesday, January 4, 2024 from 11:15-11:45am PST | Click here to join the Zoom meeting
- Wednesday, January 12, 2024 from 9-9:30am PST | Click here to join the Zoom meeting
- Wednesday, January 22, 2024 from 2:30-3:00pm PST | Click here to join the Zoom meeting
How to Apply
We require an online application, your resume/CV, two letters of recommendation (one peer and one professional), and a 500-word letter of intent.
If you have any questions regarding the application process please contact Malina Cole, SRCH Clinician Recruiter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the NP Program
NP residents will work alongside other professional staff at our Lombardi, Dutton, and Vista campuses. This 12-month salaried program offers residents a range of experiences meeting the complex needs of underserved populations across all life cycles, including children’s and geriatric mental health and specialty areas such as integrated behavioral health, intellectual and developmental disabilities, HIV, and medication-assisted treatment for substance use disorders.
You will see patients with support from our knowledgeable and responsive faculty preceptors. During the program you will maintain a patient panel from our underserved community of all ages and backgrounds, performing visits for medication evaluation and management, conducting clinical curbsides, and providing asynchronous e-consultation. You will participate in weekly case reviews to collaborate and get feedback on complex care.
We provide support and training on our electronic health record, practice efficiency, and a gradual progression of patients per shift. At the completion of this 12-month program, you will graduate with a foundation of skills and confidence in mental health care for all ages. You will be part of our SRCH work community which is dedicated to your learning and success.
- Kameren Owens, FNP, Program Director
- Alex Threlfall, MD, Associate Program Director
- Susan Milam-Miller, MD, Senior Mental Health Director
- Jessica Koeing, MD, Lead Psychiatrist
- Elizabeth Hegarty, MD, Psychiatrist
- Alicia Greenlee, MD, Psychiatrist
- Reis Tucker-Meade, PMHNP/FNP
- Tara Budinger PsyD, Behavioral Health
Kameren Owens, FNP, Program Director for SRCH’s Family Nurse Practitioner Residency | email@example.com
Alexander Threlfall, MD, Associate Program Director for PMHNP Residency | firstname.lastname@example.org