Santa Rosa Community Health has a variety of groups to heal and educate. Ask your SRCH health care provider for more information about participating.
Groups in English:
- Anxiety Support Group: Through the 12-week series, you will learn the most research supported strategies to deal with general stress and anxiety. These group topics include ways to improve unhelpful thinking and addressing difficulty feeling relaxed. This group also teaches numerous mindfulness and meditation-based approaches to decrease anxiety.
- Breath-Centered Yoga: These flowing, breath-centered yoga classes are suitable for patients regardless of physical condition, body type, or previous yoga experience. Yoga is particularly helpful in reducing symptoms of anxiety, depression, stress, chronic pain and pregnancy discomforts.
- Choices For Change: Supports and provides education for patients with co-occurring disorders (substance abuse-or history of substance abuse- and mental health diagnoses). It explores the overlap between the disorders and how our choices impact our health and our overall quality of life. Facilitator supports the learning of new skills to cope with stressors and mood dysregulation to provide more effective alternatives to substance use and other unhealthy patterns.
- Chronic Pain Wellness Group: In this experiential class we will teach mindfulness skills to help you learn to cope with pain and to help alleviate the mental and emotional distress you experience.
- Chronic Pain Wellness Graduate Group: Continuation group for advanced skills, must complete introductory program first
- HIV Support Group: This weekly ongoing class is a place for patients living with HIV to share their experience of living with HIV in a safe space without stigma. Here patients can receive and offer support to each other and create a sense of community. The group includes an educational element on a variety of HIV related topics as well as the teaching of several mindfulness tools to help patients reduce stress and live life more fully.
- Integrative Restoration iRest Yoga Nidra: The practice is integrative as it heals the various unresolved issues and traumas that are present in your body and mind, and restorative as it enables you to recognize your innate peace of mind that is always present amidst all changing circumstances of life. iRest provides you with tools to help you relax deeply, release stress, increase resiliency, improve your interpersonal relationships and provide you with greater mastery and control in your life.
- Life Skills DBT Group
- LGBTQIA Group
- Medication-Assistant Treatment (MAT) Group
- Mindful Movement Group: Through the 12-week series, you will learn and practice gentle yoga movements, breathing and relaxation techniques to live better with your chronic pain both now and in the long term. We welcome everyone living with chronic pain, regardless of physical condition or yoga experience.
- Mindfulness Depression Support Group: Many people isolate, withdraw, and have a hard time feeling positive when they’re depressed. This group can help you work through these kinds of issues. Through Dyad Communication Exercises, you’ll work with a partner to peel away layers of old conditioning. You’ll learn coping skills you can use to manage your depression. You’re not alone on your journey. By experiencing mindfulness exercises each week, you’ll learn to make healthy, empowering choices to move forward in your life.
- Mindfulness Depression Graduate Group: This program will help you take your mindfulness training to deeper, more expansive levels. Learn to penetrate and access your wise mind through powerful communication exercises designed to take you into your very core.
- Mindfulness & Qigong Recovery Support: Patients will learn mindfulness meditation practices to help decrease inner anxiety and restlessness while building self-confidence on their path to recovery. Using gentle movement, sound, visualization, and guided meditation, patients can reduce stress, find calm, and empower themselves, bringing more vitality and joy.
- Mindfulness Skills-Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT): A 6 week skills group to support those who struggle with mood dysregulation, behavior patterns that no longer serve them, and difficulties with communication and boundary setting. There are four modules: mindfulness, distress tolerance, emotion regulation and interpersonal effectiveness.
- Wisdom Healing Qigong Beginner’s Group: Wisdom Healing Qigong (chee-gung) is an ancient system of healing and transformation for optimizing health and wellness. In this 8-week class patients will learn techniques that include gentle movements, sounds and meditation to reduce anxiety and depression, help manage chronic pain and build inner resources to enhance vitality and joy.
- Qigong Graduate Group: This weekly ongoing drop-in class may be attended upon completion of the Qigong Beginner’s class. In this class patients will become more familiar with the Qigong practices and continue to enhance their emotional and physical well-being as well as deepen their sense of community. Continuation group for advanced skills, must complete introductory program first.
- Seeking Safety A present-focused therapy that helps clients attain safety from trauma (including PTSD) and substance abuse by emphasizing coping skills, grounding techniques, and education.
- Seeking Safety/Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) Grad Group: Continuation group for advanced skills, must complete introductory program first
- Teen Coping Skills Group: This group will teach new ways to cope with stress, how to deal with overwhelming or uncomfortable feelings, better communication skills, how to strengthen relationships, and to recognize strengths and increase self-confidence.
Groups in Spanish:
- Corazones (Diabetes, HBP, Choles)
- Cuidese Bien Yoga
- Grupo Bienestar
- Process Support Group/Grupo Porceso: Este grupo facilita el procesamiento general de estrés, depresión, ansiedad y ajusto de la vida. El procesamiento de estas emociones conduce oportunidades para instilar esperanza, altruismo, impartir información relevante, desarrollar técnicas de socialización, comportamientos imitativos positivos, aprendizaje interpersonal y cohesión grupal. El objetivo es que estas conductas aprendidas en grupo se traduzcan en nuestras vidas fuera del grupo y, en última instancia, resolución de síntomas. El grupo de proceso es dirigido por el psicólogo Michael Valdovinos, PsyD, ABPP y el psiquiatra Richard Kirk, MD. El groupo es gratis.
- Una Familia Feliz
- Yoga Familiar: Discover the philosophy and practice of yoga. Practice physical postures that reduce pain in your body. Explore mindful meditation to reduce anxiety and stress. Reconnect with yourself.