Challengers of all skill levels receive many Epic benefits from participating in the Challenge:
- Safely explore lots of new Sonoma County trails.
- Have fun through 14 weeks of training with help from hiking, endurance event, personal training, and movement experts who provide guidance and support from the first week of training through Challenge Day.
- Hook up the stress relief! Exercise and time in nature offset stress, anxiety, depression, overeating, and many other of the creative ways humans are coping during this challenging time.
“COVID-19 and sheltering in place stopped me in my tracks. I stopped moving, I increased unhealthy eating. I needed a challenge like this to dive into to help me change this. The Challenge jump-started movement in my life again. I needed a physical challenge…and that it was!”
Stephanie Curry, 2020 Challenger
- Training for an endurance event develops an awesome increase in physical and mental health and confidence.
- Funds raised supports the kids, adults, and elders who receive their medical, dental, and mental health care at Santa Rosa Community Health, where we’re celebrating 25 years of high-quality health care for our community. It feels great to do good for others in this way!
- Our Epic community is waiting! While COVID prevents us from being as palsy as some (extroverts) would like, there are still ways to meet and make new friends – after all, Challengers have got something quite Epic in common!
- This is Epic self-care! Moms get some precious time to themselves. Workaholics get a meaningful break. Couch potatoes get motivated to move. Everyone gets time to think and beauty to absorb.
- The #1 thing our Challengers learn as a result of participating: I can do more than I thought I could. We can help prove that right in your life, too.
Click here to get started now!
“Best physical and mental shape I’ve been in for 30 years.”
Dean of Students, SRJC, 2020 Challenger