Epic Tools and Support
We provide lots of tools and support for your successful completion of both the hiking and fundraising parts of the Challenge:
- COVID safety: We’re a health center, and we take our community’s health very seriously! Throughout all aspects of the Challenge, we are in compliance with health orders and practice all the suggested safety precautions. Our goals are to get you strong while enjoying the gifts of nature while reducing the risk of COVID exposure. Click here to read more.
- Training hikes: Fourteen planned weekly hikes provide opportunities to explore new Sonoma County trails while building the physical and mental strength and confidence needed to enjoy Challenge day! COVID-safe hikes take place on Saturday mornings (though you can do them on your own anytime) and get increasingly longer and more difficult. Training hikes are highly recommended to help you prepare for an enjoyable Challenge Day, but they are not required.
- Training and fundraising clinics: Primarily via Zoom, you’ll receive in-depth information from local experts on common training and fundraising topics, along with plenty of time to get your specific questions answered. Sample subjects include:
- How to avoid injury
- Motivation techniques + mindset
- How to get started with fundraising
- How to choose the right hiking gear for you
- Endurance food and hydration
“It was the largest amount I’ve ever fundraised AND the most difficult physical challenge I’ve done. It showed me I can set very large goals and chip away at them to accomplish them! I gained confidence in my physical abilities, went off my blood pressure medication!, and made new hiking buddies!”
Barbara Thorsen, 2020 Challenger
- Fundraising toolkit: Worried about fundraising? Most people are when they first begin the Challenge! Don’t worry, our toolkit provides best practices and templates for you to personalize and get started with ease. Our online fundraising platform is quick to set up and offers easy ways to keep your donors updated on your progress.
- Individual Fundraising support: Still worried about fundraising? Our Challenger in Charge has lots of experience with fundraising and can work with you to develop and implement a personal fundraising plan that feels great for you. Getting started is often the hardest part!
“I am proud that I stepped out of my comfort zone and became a fundraiser. I put myself out there and learned that people want to give for a good cause when I was brave enough to ask. My biggest achievements were making my goals (both hiking and fundraising), putting in the work to reach my goals, and being able to see how much support I had from my husband and teenage son. I knew that my son was proud of me when he got up at 4:30am to volunteer on Challenge Day.”
Tricia G., 2020 Challenger
- Epic Facebook group: This private group offers opportunities to make new connections, ask questions, share photos and trail recommendations, generate informal meet-ups, and claim bragging rights.
- Epic Scoop Newsletter: Every Tuesday at 4:00 pm, registered Challengers will receive their weekly newsletter, the Epic Scoop. The newsletter provides detailed information about that Saturday’s hike, as well as information about upcoming training and fundraising clinics, answers to questions, and hiking + fundraising tips and milestones.
Get Started: Info Session Sign Up!